This guy has the coolest job in coding. Ge Wang is the co-founder and chief creative officer of Smule, the app developer responsible for the Ocarina and iPad violin and other things that started out as “crazy-ass ideas.” To date, Smule has accumulated more than 65 million downloads.Dear loyal readers,
Sorry for the gap in posting. A lot has been going on in my life. I got married. And freelance (front end dev, web design and UI design) work and job hunting has been busy.
- Congratulations to Lucia Matthews, CEO and co-founder of DIÁLOGO, for being named PR Professional of the Year by the Hispanic Public Relations Association for her agency’s outstanding work and commitment to clients. Mrs. Matthews was honored during the 28th Annual PRemio Awards Gala October 4, in Los Angeles.
- Elisabeth Hattemer has a resource for graphic design students.
- Brian Wilson, Nate Houghteling, Zach Blume and Kai Hasson of The creative studio, Portal A are featured in The San Francisco Chronicle. Their company is backed by hyper-connected Silicon Valley angel investor Ron Conway and San Francisco billionaire hedge fund manager Tom Steyer.
- Shawn Fanning, co-founder of Airtime, just released a new video with a tweet.
- Médiamétrie has a new press release about Kids TV Report: Back to School, Back to TV (PDF)
- Rotem Hecht is a music composer and sound designer in Israel. Check out his work for Microsoft, Mercedes, et al.
- Red Pepper in Ekaterinburg, Russia made a new TV ad for Center for Family Psychology
- Advertised brand: Center for Family Psychology
- Advert title: The Bird
- Advertising Agency: Red Pepper, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- Agency website: http://redpr.ru
- Creative Director: Danil Golovanov, Nikita Kharisov
- Art Director: Irina Korotich
- Copywriter: Ivan Sosnin
- Production: How We Love
- Post-production: Evgeny Kharchenko
- Sound design: RIA Vladimir-Region
- Published: 01.09.2012
- June Olsen designed an awesome infographic about famous college dropouts.
- Paul Kramer has a new advertising blog called Ad A Glance.